You can help us in our efforts to be a sustainable and professional dance company that cultivates self-worth, dignity, and respect for all people through the power of hip-hop music and dance.
6 ways YOU can support Culture Shock San Diego
- Donate. Please consider a tax-deductible contribution of $10, $25, $100 or more, which will greatly improve our ability to create quality programs. See below for a list of the ways your donation will have a direct impact on our success. Donate online or send a check to
Culture Shock Dance Troupe
2110 Hancock St. Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92110
- Volunteer. Culture Shock is a non-profit organization that relies on the generosity and dedication of its volunteers. They serve on our staff, board of directors, and committees. They generally become involved with our organization by attending one of our committee meetings or volunteering at an event. Everyone is invited to attend a meeting of any committee that interests them to learn more about the opportunities available. We are also always seeking highly dedicated professionals to serve on our Board of Directors. We hope you will join us in bringing the power and beauty of hip hop to all! To express interest or learn more email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See us perform. See a list of our upcoming events on the News & Events page.
- Spread the word about us! Become our fan on Facebook and share our story with friends.
- Hire us. Book us for a corporate party, convention, theater performance, or other special event. Or, invite us to perform at your charitable event. Contact our Executive Director for details.
- Attend a fund-raising event. See our news and events for upcoming parties, “dine-outs”, raffles, and other fund-raisers. If you would like to assist us with a fund-raiser please contact us!
We rely on the generosity of people like you to continue and expand our mission. Your support will directly impact our ability to offer services in our three program areas.
Help us entertain diverse audiences with the highest caliber hip-hop performances in the community.
- $50 – To provide footwear to one of our dancers for a season. (need 125 of these)
- $80 – To store our sets and costumes for 1 month (need 12)
- $250 – To hire lighting and stage management for 1 performance (need at least 6 of these)
- $400 – To obtain rights to music for use in performances throughout season
- $600 – To buy costumes for season for 1 troupe (need for 5 troupes)
- $750 – To advertise our performances via the web and print to build our audiences and sell tickets!
- $1,000 – To pay Artistic Director stipend for one month
- $2,500 – To rent a 500 seat theater for a weekend run (need 2 of these)
- $3,000 – To hire set designer and buy set materials for full-length theatrical production
Help us educate and develop all dancers regardless of their differences, including social class, age, gender, race, or sexual orientation.
- $50 – To provide rehearsal space for 1 dancer for one year.
- $100 – To offer one master class (professional guest teacher – need 4 per month)
- $150 – To provide awards at end of season recognizing dancers that show outstanding dedication to the organization, their dance development, and the values of hip hop.
- $200 – To provide special workshops to troupe members to help them reach their full potential both as dancers as well as community members (need 2 of these)
- $250 – To promote master classes, auditions, and other education programs for 1 year
- $450 – To rent studio for class and rehearsal for one month
- $500 – To send 1 dancer to the annual Culture Shock Showcase (in Ottawa, Canada in Oct. 2010) – need to send at least 40 dancers!
- $600 – To sponsor 1 dancer for a full year (need approx. 100)
- $700 – To provide a year-end ceremony for all dancers to recognize their hard work and dedication throughout the season.
- $1000 – To pay coordinator for all rehearsals, events, classes, and performances for all 5 troupes for 1 month (need 12)
Enrich our community by providing opportunities for people from all walks of life to become a part of our programs and by collaborating with other charitable organizations.
- $15 – To offer a ticket to an underprivileged youth to attend one of our performances (need 300 of these)
- $100 – To pay expenses for 1 of our troupes to provide a school assembly performance (need 3 of these)
- $200 – To pay expenses for 1 of our troupes to provide a charitable community performance
- $500 – To create a Culture Shock Alumni program that will help keep our dancers involved in our organization and create a valuable network for fund-raising, volunteers, mentoring, and career connections for current troupe members.
- $800 – To purchase a portable sound system to use at assemblies and community performances
- $1,000 – To develop and deliver a teacher workshop for the Young Audiences program